Sunday, June 12, 2011

Some pics of my new craft room...

At last it's finished...my craft room has undergone a transformation in the last few weeks. A new carpet and painted, then my son Matt built me a new work surface the length of the room....sooooo much space!! We added my Mum's sideboard this week when we cleared her house as it doesn't match any of my furniture downstairs, it's just perfect. Below are some pics to let you see how it has turned out. This is quite a long post apologies for that, but you can't show a whole room in just one pic...lol
 So here we go from the left side of the room as you enter the door drawers for A4 paper, I got these in Ikea years ago and card shelving from my work.... when they asked if anyone wanted them I thought all my Christmases had came at once...lol it takes all my 12x12 paper and card.The boxes above the drawers are full of beads, brads, bling and charms.

Next to that I have all my flowers, craft Robo, and in the purple box are stamped images, in the white box and spotty box are my clear stamps. Oh! and that's Edward my Steiff bear he lives in here with some other bears that are dotted about.
Below that I have a trolly with all my punches on the bottom and paper blocks and envelopes on the top, also boxes of photos.

 Here it is pulled out ready to use.
This is where I work.Under the window where there's plenty of natural light. I have my rotating thingy with my copics, an old toilet roll holder with all my tapes, can't throw anything out me!! To the left my cutting tools. In the white basket I have pearls and bling and some sticky fixers. In the middle a variety of stuff for Prisma pencil colouring and a few Copic refills, some glue and other stuff I use all the time.

 If you're still with me up to now well done , told you it was long.........he he!!  next is my laptop, printer,  Big shot machine and all my Nesties and embossing folders are in the black and silver box. Above that, ribbons and lace.
All the Betty Boop stuff was found in my Mum's house last week when we cleared it out so I thought it deserved a show case. I'm now a Betty Boop fan.......... For those that don't know the story she is now quite happy in a Nursing Home ( my Mum that is  not BettyBoop...lol) so her house had to be emptied.
 The sideboard is filled with paper, boxes full of embellishments boxes of completed cards and loads of jars waiting to be filled.The two top drawers are filled with wooden stamps and the bottom two with stationery.

Phew......... hang in there we're nearly finished just the cupboard now. It's nearly always open but it does have a mirror door . In the bottom is our previous TV unit, came in very handy and holds all my Scrap booking stash.
As you can see this space is crammed full including my little sewing machine all my pens and pencils and paints, empty tubs, more paper and card, ribbons hanging on hooks,boxes waiting to be altered, chip board shapes behind the teddies and some stamped images.

 Lastly this shelf has all sprays and distressing stuff , in the silver box is my Copic Air gun which I'm sorry to say I've hardly used....pencils and paints on the left.
Congrats if you made it to the end, you deserve a cuppa after this. 
I love my new space it's just the way I've always wanted this room to look, I don't suppose it will stay this tidy for long ..lol I'm afraid I'm one of those crafters that needs everything out while I'm creating to get some inspiration so It's nearly always messy . 
Thanks so much for your visit and I hope you enjoyed seeing my new space.
Happy Crafting



6 comments:

  1. What a transformation. Your room is fantastic. Its great all your stash is a hand and so neatly boxed up. I hope you remember where all your things are.Look forward to seeing all your new creations from all the old stash you found. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh lovely. I love your Betty B collection - I like her too.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh eve I'm moving in hope you've got a spare room lol and I thought I had some stash my gosh it's heaven!!!!

    Love your idea about the toilet roll holder tho think robbie may have something to say when he notices it's gone ha ha!! Thanks for sharing!! Hugs Carly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks fabbie, I bet your well made up
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Vee what a gorgeous (and very tidy) room. I'd love to be this organised! It is something I've been planning on doing for about 2 years lol! Hopefully you've inspired me to get started :) Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers Vee, your room is fab!! I'm following Carly and moving in too....promise I'm not greedy, I will share a room with her ;) lol
    I wish I had my own craft room....maybe one day when my kids are grown up, mind you don't think I will ever have as much stash as you. I could probably fit everything I have into a tiny corner in your room! lol
    Hugs Lora x

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for your lovely comment, I love reading them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog xx Vee