Tuesday, October 27, 2009

More Christmas cards.....



A Christmas card with a difference.
I made this card last year and never used it so It's made an appearance again this year. I was trying to find different ways of cutting cards and shaping them with Christmas in mind and came up with this cracker shape.
The whole design is peel offs. The centre piece is glitter snowflake peel offs stuck onto acetate and mounted up with silicone to make it 3D. I tied a white and gold ribbon round each side and added little red stars. A really simple design and could be made with any colour scheme. I decided on white gold and red. I know it has no designer papers or any fancy stuff on it but I like the simplicity of it.


************************************************

Another Christmas card made with WOJ Herb. I love this image and he's so easy and quick to colour. The DP is from Craft Creations, snowflakes are punches and ribbon is Dovecraft. The charm is from The Hobby House. Apologies for the picture quality. I tried every conceivable way of photographing it and still couldn't get the silver to stop reflecting the colours around it.
It has a kind of rainbow effect when you tilt it towards the light.
Thanks so much for all your lovely comments recently and I'm sorry if I haven't got back to visit everyone but between doing my cards for orders trying to get Christmas cards done and helping my Son Matt with his Ghostbuster's costume...Yes !!!!! and he's 23.....lol. He has a halloween party on Saturday and has made all four of the Proton packs for himself and his pals. He's done an amazing job of the outfits and he's really enjoyed doing it. I'll post pics of them all wearing them at the weekend. I'm off now to sew on the Ghostbuster patches onto the overalls, then I need to make a Witches outfit for myself for a Halloween Party Hubby & I have on Saturday too. Busy week ahead.............

1 comment:

  1. He's a lovely snowman. Can't wait for the ghostbuster pictures. Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for your lovely comment, I love reading them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog xx Vee